Having trouble hearing your teammates in Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer? It’s likely that your audio settings have been mixed up. Fortunately, there are some simple steps you can take to unmute everyone and get you back into action. Here’s how to do it on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One.
Why is everyone muted on Modern Warfare 2?
There are a few possible causes for the issue of players being muted on Modern Warfare 2. To resolve this issue, players should take the following steps:
- Make sure that your friend’s Voice Chat volume is high enough
- You can find this setting in the Audio section
- Some gaming headsets and consoles have separate Game and Chat volume controls, so you’ll have to increase the Chat volume
- Make sure the automatic mute is disabled
- In the Audio settings section, make sure that mute for the lobby and other players is Off
- Enable Death Chat, if you like
- If you’re someone that likes to hear your enemies are killing them, make sure this is turned on
- Restart the game
- Sometimes this simple fix has worked for me. For some reason, my mic or my friend’s mic won’t work and the game just required a restart.
- If someone in your party is having this issue it might be a good idea for everyone to reboot their games
If you find you’re consistently having issues or nothing is working for you, it might be best to get in touch with Activision Support.